5. Julie Plec, the boss behind The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, is taking on her next project, another spinoff based on the supernatural kids in town Alaric and Carolines twins and Klaus and Hayleys daughter. ROERIG: Its also hard to have a good time when youre stressing, all the time, about what could possibly happen instead of enjoying the present. ACCOLA: Im a huge fan of television, myself and shows like Dexter, for instance, take those risks. Select from premium Zach Roerig of the highest quality. The problem is that his behavior tends to reject more than it magnetizes. It was the first time wed been to any sort of fan-related event, and the show hadnt even aired yet. The Best Limited Series of the 21st Century, Ranked. This page was last edited on 4 March 2023, at 16:16. We had to discover and find our characters. The Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan nabbed the vampire part instead. CANDICE ACCOLA: I just love getting asked about Caroline and Klaus because, even though Caroline has made so many mistakes and put her foot in her mouth and fallen for the bad guy, this is the first time where shes staying true to her feelings and not getting caught up in the guy with the accent. Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google or Facebook password. "And then I didn't get it, and I was very bummed. Next week, he has a fairly heroic moment thats interesting, and then he does something so horrible that youre like, Man, what is wrong with you! Its just in the same way that Damon will never be a true good guy, and Stefan will never be a true hero, all the time. The stuff that Im proud of and really enjoyed on the show would be last season, my work with Penny. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. But it was initially writtento be a completely different line. "I have this Forrest Gump-ian way of touching something and it becomes a hit!" It would be very traumatic, but it is possible. and only reason he was kept alive for so long? Jules rvle Tyler la maldiction de la lune et du soleil en omettant un dtail. [6] The series follows the life of Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), who falls in love with vampire Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley), and soon finds herself caught in a love triangle between Stefan and his older brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), while the brothers are also being haunted by the past they've had with Katherine Pierce (also played by Dobrev). In what was The Vampire Diaries' one true attempt at stunt casting of sorts, the producers reached out to Buffy the Vampire Slayer icon Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Rose, a vampire who developed a connection with Damon. (Episode: "Chapter Twenty-Six: The Tell Tale Heart"), "C2E2 2001 Report; Interview with Vampire Diaries Executive Producer Julie Plec", "School of Communication at Northwestern University Annual Report 2008", "The Women Who Run TV: Q&A with 'Vampire Diaries' EP Julie Plec", "Greg Berlanti & Julie Plec To Produce CW Adaptation of UK Show 'Tomorrow People', "CW Greenlights The Originals and Tomorrow People, Sci-Fi Series from Arrow and The Vampire Diaries Creators", "Page not found - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com", "Julie Plec Sets Universal Television Overall Deal", Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Julie_Plec&oldid=1142830071, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. Also in this episode: IndieWire senior editor Hanh Nguyen and TV critic Ben Travers discuss the return of one of televisions most lauded shows, FXs The Americans.. It was soon after picked up for series by The CW, which aired its first season in the 201314 season. Julie Plec and Zach Roerig Photos Photos - (L-R) Actors Zach Roerig, Michael Malarkey, Kat Graham, writer/producer Kevin Williamson, actors Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder, writer/producer Julie . And somehow through these eight years weve patched ourselves up and are now ready to face the world again.. 1963-2020) and Daniel Roerig (1961-2007). Julie Plec (born May 26, 1972) [1] [2] is an American television producer, writer and director, known for her work on The CW television series The Vampire Diaries (2009-2017) which she co-created with Kevin Williamson, and its spin-offs The Originals (2013-2018) and Legacies (2018-2022). . But the former couple quickly squashed any rumors of bad blood when they joked about their breakup while accepting the 2014 People's Choice Award for Best Chemistry. He was later released and an arraignment is set for June 4. ", Plec expressed a similar sentiment, adding, "We had this magnificent villain who could do no wrong in the eyes of the audience and we thought, 'Let's give him something really wrong that is unforgivable so we can buy ourselves another year of Damon as the villain and Stefan as the hero.'". They fell in love and got married in the summer of 2014. When does a character become so essential to the show that theyre unkillable? We have a blast! This one-hour retrospective features interviews with past and present cast members and guest stars, a conversation with the executive producers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, behind-the-scenes footage from the final season and special moments . We walked into a mall and there were like 3,000 screaming fans hanging over the railings, trying to jump past security to grab us, he told Entertainment Weekly at the time. Matts a good dude, so Im sure its hard for him to think, Why wouldnt my dad want to be a part of this? Hoda Kotb Makes Pre-Taped Appearance on 'Today' Amid Continued Absence, Formula 1 Driver Max Verstappen and GF Kelly Piquet's Relationship Timeline, PDA in the Rink! Originally developed by Kevin Williamson and Plec, the series was based on the Vampire Diaries books by L.J. Get the drama behind the scenes. Denotes television series that have not yet aired. More about Zach Roerig edit Dating History # 3 Nathalie Kelley 178 162 2016 - 2017 Zach Roerig and Nathalie Kelley separated in . Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, Season 3 Finale, and More By Christina Radish Published Feb 10, 2012 Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, Season. The series went on for two more seasons without Nina, who returned for the series finale. As theyre all going through some pretty extraordinary changes in their own emotional lives, personal lives, romantic lives and supernatural lives, theyre making decisions about their future and what that will bring, and all those great things leading up to graduation and the choice of whether they will stay or go. Smith. He was born in Minnesota, not far from where my father was born in Minnesota and the skin tone, and the eyes. The actor, 35, was allegedly pulled over when officers noticed that his pickup truck did not have front license plates. Candice Accola and Zach Roerig were in a two-year relationship after she briefly dated Steven R. McQueen. Paul dated TVD guest-star-turned-The Originals lead Phoebe Tonkin for several years following his split from ex-wife Torrey DeVitto, who playedMeredith Fell in season three. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Each episode features interviews with producers, reviews, essays on the latest buzz and trends, plus a roundup of whats premiering and whats returning over the coming week. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. [Joel] could be my real dad, its crazy, he notes. From Austin Butler and Cate Blanchett to a potential Best Supporting Actress toss-up, see who EW thinks will win at the 2023 Oscars. How much are you thinking about what these kids life plans are, once theyre finished with high school? Zach Roerig, best known for his role as Matt Donovan in The Vampire Diaries, was arrested in the early hours of Sunday, May 24, in his hometown of Montpelier, Ohio, TMZreported on Friday, May. I cant wait for that! "We looked high and low to cast Stefan and Damon," Julie explained, noting Nina "did chemistry read after chemistry read with multiple actors," Julie explained. In the final episodes of Season 3 of The Vampire Diaries, things are ramping up in major ways and, as per usual with the popular show, everyone is in jeopardy. Its been a very healing process. In November 2012, Deadline Hollywood announced that Julie Plec and Greg Berlanti had attained the rights to The Tomorrow People and commissioned a pilot written by Phil Klemmer. During this recent interview to discuss where things are headed for the end of this season, executive producer/writer Julie Plec and co-stars Candice Accola, Michael Trevino and Zach Roerig talked about the extraordinary changes that the characters will be going through in their own emotional lives, personal lives, romantic lives and supernatural lives, along with what to expect from the finale. She is a theme park fanatic, which has lead to covering various land and ride openings, and a huge music fan, for which she judges life by the time before Pearl Jam and the time after. Hes also just a really good dude and good actor; we really clicked and bonded well. We have basically accidentally created the poster couple for toxic masculinity.' This episode isnt about peeling back a layer of the mythology onion. Their friendship dates back to when they were in the sandbox together. Matthew Davis Alaric Saltzman. He later won custody of his daughter. I became a parent doing this job, he shared. PLEC: Should Jeremy be so lucky to survive Season 3 and be in Season 4, then yeah. Damon's first line in the pilot served as the final line of the series, as the Salvatore brothers were reunited after Damon's human death, a poignant and full-circle ending for the series and the characters' relationship. Im not going to let you throw him away, just because youre getting distracted by shiny Damon things. But, Ive already given a Dalena shout out on Twitter, so I feel like Im covered from both ends. He just loves Elenaso much,'" Plec remembered. Not only is Julie Plec inviting the cast members of The Vampire Diaries to Legacies, but it appears a fan favorite may have a recurring role. "I respected Paul Wesley; I didn't like Paul Wesley," she admitted on the Directionally Challenged podcast in 2019. Oh my god, I cannot tell you how hard I'm trying to get her. Get The Latest IndieWire Alerts And Newsletters Delivered Directly To Your Inbox. was important to us, because it was a dangling thread wed never been able to tell a story about, executive producer Julie Plec explains toTVLine. The film suffered many script and scheduling difficulties during production and ultimately failed to perform at the box office. Zach, who is best known for his role as Matt Donovan on "The Vampire Diaries," and Julie, who is a producer and writer for the hit show, have been part of the same project for many years. Zach Roerig Photos Photos - (L-R) Actors Zach Roerig, Michael Malarkey, Kat Graham, writer/producer Kevin Williamson, actors Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder, writer/producer Julie Plec, actors . As youve seen, weve emotionally found a lot of different ways in our narrative to bring people back that we love, for better or for worse. Andy Swift / His survival ties into her appearance, or lack thereof. was important to us, because it was a dangling thread we'd never been able to tell a story about," executive producer Julie Plec explains to TVLine. On May 9, 2013 the series was picked up for the 201314 season by The CW. Kelsea Ballerini, Chase Stokes Get Cozy at Rangers Game, Every 'TVD' Character Who Died and Came Back to Life. "Half of Hollywood, I think, went out for the role, for all our roles," Nina later told E! "In another universe, that would've been the ending, but we didn't have time to tell that story in the last season because we didn't have Elena. Julies been the one constant throughout the entire show. He also noted that the show was emotionally good for him. This one-hour retrospective features interviews with past and present cast members and guest stars, a conversation with the executive producers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, behind-the-scenes footage from the final season and special . There are some big mythology moves that happen, and its a pretty big deal. We may have The Vampire Diariesfans to thank for Damon's transformation from resident bad guy to lovable hero. We did a Hot Topic signing event at a mall in Kennesaw, Georgia. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Stay tuned to Devdiscourse to get the latest updates on the television series. Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Will Caroline continue to try to push Elena and Stefan back together? PLEC: Both, and it depends on which fan. Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Matthew Davis, Michael Malarkey, Zach Roerig, Katerina Graham, Candice King and Julie Plec from The Vampire Diaries, LAST WEEKS PODCAST: Reza Aslan on the Only Way Well Ever See Religious Tolerance IndieWires TURN IT ON Podcast. Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, and Paul Wesley star in the CWs romance-infused vampire soap opera. The Best True Crime Streaming Now, from 'Unsolved Mysteries' to 'McMillions' to 'The Staircase' Offers may be subject to change without notice. roles? She also developed the limited series Containment (2016). "Originally me and my pipe dreams had us trying to get Sarah Michelle Gellar for Rose," Kevin once revealed to The New York Post. No easy task. Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Pictured (L-R): Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan . By Caroline and Alaric went on to raise them, and theyve become a combination of both their parents. What made you decide to have a flashback in the finale? Press J to jump to the feed. Im dying to tell the Elena with angel wings story for Season 17. PLEC: There are going to be a lot of people where, at one point or another, youre not going to be sure if theyre gonna make it to Season 4. But alas, Kevin admitted she was "too big" for the show. And somehow through these eight years weve patched ourselves up and are now ready to face the world again. "In the last test of the show, there was a guy who showed up, and he was just trying to play super cool and kind of like psych me out in the room, and I just shut it down, and I said, 'No way, manthis is my role,'" he recalled. But, enough is enough. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). They dont know that they have a boarding school for supernatural kids or that they have a 200-year history of vampire violence so this crazy-ass sheriff. Ultimately, Stefan sacrificed himself, giving Damon the chance to live out his human life with Elena. The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursday nights on The CW. Its a big burden on him. Candice Accola and Zach Roerig were in a two-year relationship after she briefly dated Steven R. McQueen. Panoramica: After eight amazing seasons, The Vampire Diaries is coming to a dramatic and epic end. Julie and Zach worked together to create the show. Determined to keep Damon as Mystic Falls' resident wrong-doer, the pair decided to up the ante with his evil behavior: He opened season two by snapping the neck of Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), the younger brother of Elena (Nina Dobrev). The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 7, RECAP: 12/2/16: ALL CROPS: The Vampire Diaries -- "Detoured on Some Random Backwoods Path to Hell" --Image Number: VD806B_0101.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Nathalie Kelley as Sybil and Kristen Gutoskie as Seline -- Photo: Bob Mahoney/The CW, The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 6, 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Season 8, Episode 4, The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 4, The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 3, The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 2, The Vampire Diaries recap: Season 8, Episode 1, The Vampire Diaries recap: Requiem for a Dream, The Vampire Diaries recap: Somebody That I Used To Know, The Vampire Diaries recap: One Way or Another, The Vampire Diaries recap: I Went to the Woods, The Vampire Diaries recap: Days of Future Past. A lot. Life is more complicated than that. The women loved him and we couldn't understand it at all. With an enormous amount of choices overwhelming even the most sophisticated viewer, TURN IT ONis a must-listen for TV fans looking to make sense of what to watch and where to watch it. Mystic falls has recovered. However, as the show progressed it . PLEC: After this next episode, it gets messy. The Vampire Diaries Season 9 doesnt have an official release date as it is yet to be renewed. This Article is related to: Television and tagged Julie Plec, Podcasts, The Vampire Diaries, Turn It On.
Fox Valley Ophthalmology Elgin Il, Articles J