"No matter how gritty or politically incorrect, it was real life.". Oh cute. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Sgt. Reyes comes across as a mixture of Bruce Lee and zen master on screen, and he has a meditative way of speaking that can contrast startlingly with his frank discussion of war. : He is passionate about gadgets: He collects vintage video-game consoles and wears a massive wristwatch that can only properly be configured by plugging it into his PC. I cant wait. (. And worst of all, worst of all, the motherfucker doesn't even carry a weapon. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Brad "Iceman" Colbert and Sgt. Its as though hes just finished a difficult crossword puzzle or won at chess. Thanks to the runaway popularity of "Generation Kill," the Marines got something else they hadn't bargained for -- a measure of celebrity and recognition that continues to follow them, to varying extents, a decade later. The Generation Kill of Kastonvia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sgt Brad Iceman Colbert with a fair hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. Sgt. If the series can be said to have a He greets me with a formal hand-shake and a crisp salutation: Welcome aboard. I said, Do not engage! () None of the Marines say anything for a moment. He was also the film producer ad it centers him on a Viking prince who sets out on a quest to avenge the murder of his father. Were going into the great unknown, he says. Release Dates Shasta on a broken ankle, carrying 150 pounds of gear. He pays nearly $5,000 a year in auto-motorcycle insurance due to outrageous speeding tickets. Cpl. I don't know. You should never have gotten married. Cpl. Sgt. Its already in the low nineties. Random thoughts. Its not like hes maniacally energized from having escaped death. He has also had a lead role as Merlin in the Netflix TV series Cursed. During the War in Afghanistan, he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for valor for his role in taking out an enemy missile battery. Sgt. What did you like give him some Rolling Stone drugs or something? [2] In the Iraq War, his platoon, the 2nd Platoon of Bravo Company of the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion led by Lieutenant Nathaniel Fick, was often at the spearhead of the initial invasion, with his team, of which he was team leader, often on point. 77). It was especially difficult, he said, to play Ferrando as a conflicted character on the show after he had developed so much respect for the officer personally. Sound Design: Andrew Olson Eric Kocher, after another unit reported he and other Marines had been mistreating an Iraqi prisoner, a point hotly disputed by the unit. He assured the leaders that the conversations were not a sign of dissension in the ranks, but rather a "ground-eye view of warfare. He holds sway over the other men not through physical power or personal magnetism but through sheer force of skill, determination and a barely concealed sense of superiority. You should be more like Trombley. Cry 'havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war. 64 and tad 7. Ray? Josh Ray Person Im only his friend to piss him off. He spends as much time as he can alone in his corner of the tent, engrossed in a military laptop, studying invasion maps and satellite imagery. For a hundred bucks, you can order a whore over the phone. Also, he has starred in The Stand, a CBS All Access miniseries, monster film Godzilla vs. Kong, The Northman, and The Little Drummer Girl. Josh Ray Person Yeah, that's exactly it. "Now America is finally waking up.". No need to worry. On the other side of the spectrum is Walt Hasser, a good-natured Humvee MK-19 grenade launcher gunner who spent three more years in the Marine Corps following the 2003 deployment, leaving the service as a sergeant. 252). Field sound: Ace Harney He crawls under the Humvee and spends several hours chipping away at the three-inch layer of tar and sand clinging to it from the sabka field. For many Americans, civilian and military, the most intimate look at the 2003 invasion of Iraq comes through the eyes of a company of wry reconnaissance Marines who trade insults and belt Avril Lavigne songs to ward off sleeplessness and boredom as they plunge deep into an unknown combat zone as shock troops in thinly protected Humvees. That was what I enjoyed the most out of the entire thing.". He starred in a variety of Swedish productions and rose to fame in his homeland, but he wanted to expand his horizons by working in other countries. Previously, he was in a relationship with Alexa Chung from 2015 to 2017, Kate Bosworth from 2009 2011, and Evan Rachel Wood (2009 2010). "I was excited, because I wanted to be able to share my experiences with the world, and I had a vehicle to do that. We're out here, 40 klicks in enemy lines, and this man of God here, he's a fuckin' POG. You gotta respect the pyjama. | What? Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Daddy's back! Associate Producer: Sarah Glenn Boman, This video has been flagged by our users, and contains mature content. Hes slouched over the wheel, looking through the windshield, an almost blank expression on his face. Imnot opposed to it, and I wasnt going to miss it. For him, its a grand personal challenge. Lets feed the ankle-biters. We throw several bright yellow humrat packs out the window. Im looking around for the goalposts when Trombley grabs my shoulder. (. It's definitely important.". (. Sgt. War is death," Person said. Last time I saw her, she was doing all of H & S Company. In addition, he is set to appear in the thriller Infinity Pool which is in post-production. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. He has appeared in other films like Melancholia, Battleship, and The Legend of Tarzan. He grew up in an ultramodern 1970s house designed by his father, an architect. MLB.TV is a great option for anyone who doesn't live in their favorite team's broadcast area. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert He is famous for portraying Pennywise the Dancing Clown in the supernatural horror films It, and It Chapter Two. Colbert seems to blossom under extreme duress. Official Sites He spent seven months broiling in Namibias desert, but it was well worth the effort. We were not interested in veterans' issues at that time; we were not interested in anything except forgetting," he said. Evan 'Scribe' Wright This is the Bible to the Marines," he said. Those are ours, gents, he says between bites. [4] He served two additional tours in Iraq and left the Reconnaissance community in 2010. My worry is hell get shot or freak out and well be stuck on this street. After completing Generation Kill (2008), he was cast in the role of Eric Northman, a 1,000-year-old Viking vampire on the hit series True Blood, thanks to the writers strike (2008). Sgt. 252), Hasser stands to the left of Colbert, with the butt of his SAW pressed to his shoulder. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. For him, it's been a springboard into a fitness modeling and acting career and a host of other military-related projects. Today, he's a 36-year-old father of three who is part of a software development start-up in Kansas city. He is a man of tall stature. Brad had such an ease; he's not a guy who had to exaggerate the fact that he was in command. Yet, over time, he like many others has concluded the story has significance that goes beyond one unit and their experiences. Brad "Iceman" Colbert demos a flame thrower. War is ugly. When confronted with these small human tragedies up close, some Marines shut down. Skarsgrd was in a relationship with Alexa Chung, a British writer, TV presenter, and model from 2015 to 2017. They eat a lot during lulls in firefights. His successful acting career has enabled him to attain decent possessions. Impact Producer: Tess Fenn Brad "Iceman" Colbert. A trip to Los Angeles netted him an agent as well as a role in the Ben Stiller film Zoolander (2001). They have never really gotten that from war journalism.". Nobody gave anybody a hookup.". And he still occasionally has fans find him on social media, he said. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. HBO cast him as Sergeant Brad 'Iceman' Colbert in David Simon and Ed Burns' 2008 Iraq mini-series "Generation Kill" as well as the ancient Viking vampire sheriff and bar owner Eric Northman. 31), As soon as we capture Baghdad, Person says, Lee Greenwood is going to parachute in singing Im Proud to Be an American., Watch it, Colbert says. When we pass more farmers on the road, he pulls the barrel of his M-4 up, so as not to point it directly at them. Colbert uses primarily use the AN/PVS-17 scope night sight on his M4A1 Carbine in the miniseries. He was nominated to enter a two-year exchange program with the British Royal Marines, with whom he is now serving. The members of his unit called him "Fruity Rudy" because he was "so beautiful," journalist Evan Wright wrote, though he insists he's no more appealing than any of the "young gods" he went to war with. From 2017 to 2019, he starred as an abusive husband in the drama series Big Little Lies earning a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Critics Choice Television Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Colbert's M4A1 Carbine sports an AN/PVS-17 night sight (sometimes replaced with an ACOG scope), a M203 grenade launcher, UTG rail covers, PAQ-4 laser module, and an ERGO grip in the miniseries. He is best known for his roles as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008), Eric Northman in the television series True Blood (2008-2014) and Perry Wright in the television series Big Little Lies (2017-2019). : Alexander Skarsgrd (Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgrd) is a Swedish actor best known for his role as Brad Iceman Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008). MORE LIKE TROMBLEY? This is the Youtube channel of Brad "Iceman" Colbert from Generation Kill, the book and HBO mini series written by Rolling Stone journalist Evan Wright. Log in or create an account to verify that you are 18+. Now not only do we have to worry about all the Charms you've eaten, but now Brad's just pissed off God. I think people are used to seeing the reality of things. Critics and viewers alike were astounded by his depiction of Marine Sgt. | Despite the heat Colbert initially took because of "Generation Kill," he said he has no regrets that the story was told. Brad is an advisor on the film and was Adam's MSgt. There is about him an air of Victorian rectitude. Wife got me an early Christmas present for my studio. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Filming & Production : "I was hoping, when I did this work for HBO, that we could find a way to peer into that world. . Wright said he worked to involve as many Marines as possible in the production of the show, with roughly a dozen participating in roles ranging from consulting to background voice work. at Fort Benning. Learn about Clear Films here: https://clearfilms.com/, Director/Director of Photography: Jason Maris : He is also well-known for portraying Eric Northman in the television series True Blood from 2008 to 2014. Brad Colbert, a wry, intellectual 28-year-old team leader whose coolness under pressure earns him the nickname "Iceman.". HBO: Do any other scenes stand out in your memory? : 100), Never have kids, Corporal, Colbert lectures. : -- Hope Hodge Seck can be reached at hope.seck@military.com. Being the lead vehicle of the company, racing onto an airfield to fight tanks and AAA guns without a heavy weapon is a disaster in the making. Brad Colbert, a 28-year-old sergeant during the invasion of Iraq, made a career of the Marine Corps, retiring Oct. 24, 2016, as a master sergeant. Brad Colbert (born July 25, 1974) is a former active duty United States Marine, whose platoon's role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright. Paris Davis, Black Green Beret in Vietnam, Finally Awarded Medal of Honor at White House, Ex-Army Private Gets 45 Years for Plot Against His Unit, Hawaii Congressional Delegation Asks IRS to Exempt Red Hill Families, Navy Seabee Battalion Honored in Decommissioning Ceremony, Is Deactivated After 80 Years of Building and Fighting, Some Neck and Hand Tattoos OK for Airmen and Guardians Under New Policy Aimed at Helping Recruiting, Nuclear Base Fired 6 Service Members Over Failed Safety Inspection, Defense Official Says, Fuel Spill on Sacred Hawaiian Volcano 'Harmed Our Reputation,' Air Force Secretary Says, Veterans Group Pushes Cap on Attorney Fees in Camp Lejeune Water Cases Despite Political Divide on Limits, Disabled Vets Post Stunning Job Gains as Economy Remains Hot Despite Inflation, Coast Guard Relieves Commander Following Deadly Collision, Coast Guard Swimmer Recounts Dramatic Rescue of Alleged Oregon Yacht Thief and Goonies Prankster, Security Expert: Valid Reason for TikTok Concern, TFR 224 - Discussion on Mental Toughness with Jeff Nichols, TFR226 - LTC Nick Barringer PhD Discusses Nutrition for Joint Health, Invest In Yourself - Time and Consistency Are the Keys. He once nearly purchased a surplus British tank, even arranged a loan through his credit union, but backed out only when he realized that just parking it might run afoul of zoning laws in his home state, the Communist Republic of California., Beneath his formal manners, there is another side to Colberts personality. "I was on base like, two weeks at most. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert : The point, Lance Corporal: we're supposed to be a recon unit of pure warrior spirit. Antonio "Poke" Espera are this to some degree, but Sgt. Generation Kill as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in 2008; True Blood as Eric Northman from 2008 to 2014; Drunk History as James Dunn in 2018; Gabe Garza : "It's like listening to yourself on the answering machine; you sound like an idiot," he said of seeing his conversations and remarks reproduced. Colbert is decidedly not one of the big ball-scratchers in the platoon. I hope your time with us is enjoyable and productive., His politeness is so exacting it almost makes him come off like a prick. ", Now he's an envelope-pushing stand-up comedian in Los Angeles who performs five to seven nights a week, he said. But the side of him that loves warhis inner warriorkeeps bumping against the part of him that is basically a decent, average suburban guy who likes bad eighties music and Barry Manilow and believes in the American Way. [to Colbert] You wont ever catch Sergeant Brad Colbert, the twenty-eight-year-old commander of the vehicle I ride in, engaging in any moto displays. Wright was an embedded reporter who rode in the backseat of Colbert's vehicle during this time until his departure on May 4, 2003. Youd never guess what a bad motherfucker he is. Espera felt sorry for Colbert when they met a few years ago.They were in different units but happened to find themselves on leave together in Australia. He is best known for his roles as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008), Eric Northman in the television series True Blood (2008-2014), and Perry Wright in the television series Big Little Lies (2017-2019). Dude, I hate to tell you this, but your girlfriend's kind of a whore. Generation Kill Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Several girls, maybe eight or nine, run toward us. he was in the SkJakt unit that dealt with anti-sabotage and anti-terrorism in the Stockholm archipelago, for 18 months leaving in 1996. The Air Force and Space Force still don't have a sense of how much damage has been caused to the environment on Haleakala. Cpl. He is also known for his platoon's role in and perception . The American Legion identified limits on attorneys fees related to Camp Lejeune Justice Act claims as one of its top goals. For Colbert, his confidence in the project was bolstered when Wright approached him to ask his blessing to turn the three-article Rolling Stone series into a book. Cpl. In combat he looks almost ecstatic; now he appears overwhelmed, though still trying to deal with this situation. "It's so much easier to write about a firefight, where shootings happened," he said. He served in the Swedish military spending 18 months in the SkJakt unit that dealt with anti-sabotage and anti-terrorism in the Stockholm archipelago and then returned to acting. Cpl. Brad has been a speaker on post-combat stress issues for the Heroes and Healthy Families organization, and in this video he discusses his perspective on the difficulties faced when going from Active Duty to Retirement. I think this war has lost its allure for him. Where other Marines speak of the special bonds of kinship between them, the mystical brotherhood formed in the crucible of shared hardship, Colbert shuns the crowd. Right in your inbox. But Colbert will not allow his team to give in to the frenzy and shoot unless the men finds clear targets (. Further, his brother Valter Skarsgard is a 27 years old actor who has appeared in Details, Lord of Chaos, and Funhouse. 136), The look on Colberts face is almost serene. Colbert retired from the Marine Corps as a master sergeant on October 24, 2016.[7]. You know, Iraqis don't really seem good at fighting, but then they never really completely surrender either. Thank you. When he sees them now, hes prone to uninhibited displays of sentimentality. They call Colbert "The Iceman. "It was raw and real; it showed the confusion. "[Generation Kill] shows that 19- and 20-year-olds are prosecuting this war, for the most part. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert : If they'd stick around and manned those we'd have been dead before we've even saw. Beat the record I made in high school when I was on the debate team. Can I have one final moment enjoying the fruits of civilisation? : That's one more layer of bureaucracy and unnecessary logistics, one more asshole we need to supply MREs and baby wipes for. War is confusion. For her to be able to see it on the screen and have it so accurately portrayed just visually, I loved that," Person said. " How adorable, Colbert gushes as the girls laugh playfully a few meters outside his window. He also regularly leaps from C-130s to reinforce proper jump techniques. Also, Bill starred in the supernatural horror series Hemlock Grove. Since 2021, he appears in Beck as Vilhelm Beck. He is possibly single. We havent had a war like that sinceWorldWar II.Why are we here now? Sergeant Brad "Iceman" Colbert is Team Leader/Squad Leader of Bravo 2-1 Alpha. Scenes that depict a small child inadvertently shot at a military roadblock, an airstrike that decimates a compound full of Iraqi civilians, and Marines trying to conduct crude crowd control with smoke grenades show realities that haunt warfighters -- realities that the public, for the most part, has the luxury of ignoring. : Skarsgrd attended Leeds Beckett University and later enrolled in a theater course at Marymount Manhattan University. I study Persons face for signs of panic, fear or death. There are some who have done their best to move past the fame and infamy of "Generation Kill." He's not an enthusiastic fan of "Generation Kill," but he said it accurately captured "how foul-mouthed and dirty we were. He laughs as he describes walking through Prague with his wife five years ago and getting stopped by four Marines on leave who immediately started calling him "Godfather. [ Cpl Person tucks his shirt in, SgtMaj Sixta nods, then stops Sgt Patrick] SgtMaj John Sixta: Sgt. : "I've spoken to sailors and soldiers and Marines and airmen. Getting bombed, shot at dont phase him a bit. True Blood (2008) was based on Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse novels and based on quality scripts, excellent acting, and the publics fascination with the vampire genre. While some officers, such as 1st Lt. Nathaniel Fick, a platoon commander, were generally well-regarded by the junior Marines and noncommissioned officers, others were sometimes regarded as incompetent or unable to handle the stress of combat, and given unflattering nicknames such as "Encino Man" and "Captain America. A U.S. Reconnaissance Marine, Colbert was nicknamed the "Iceman" by his colleagues, for his ability to stay calm in battle and his overall military competency. Alexander Skarsgard is best known for his portrayal of Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the 2008 miniseries Generation Kill. In fact, he's an officer POG. Traumatic Brain Injury May Be an Answer. Careful with the Rip Fuel. Kelly said he knew he had to get in touch with Ferrando himself when he landed the role, and the two men quickly developed a friendly relationship, he said. Mortars explode so close we feel the overpressure punching down on the Humvee. Marines tear into their MREs. : Cpl. He was raised in Stockholm and is the firstborn son of his father. They just need lots of water., Colbert now wears an expression that Ive come to see more frequently. Skarsgard had his breakthrough as he portrayed vampire Eric Northman in the television series True Blood from 2008 to 2014. Employment numbers suggest that veterans have taken advantage of a robust economy fueled by the easing of the COVID-19 An investigation into the accident, which happened last August, is ongoing. One baby has chicken pox. He was born to his loving parents in Stockholm, Sweden. 200), We see the tiny heads of children poking around the corner of a small adobe hut. Brad Iceman Colbert. During the past hour or so of shooting, he still seemed excited by the action. Lizzy Caplan Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Freaks And Geeks, Movies And Tv Shows, and Net Worth, Rachel McAdams Movies, Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, and Net Worth, Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes, List of States in the US, Alphabetical list of States in the U.S., and Abbreviation of States in United States. Moreover, Skarsgard appeared in the film The Diary of a Teenage Girl. Thats the Iceman. (. Yeah, I was really really fucking good, but all the other guys on the team thought I was high all of the time.