But you need to find one that was maintained properly. The recall began on August 15, 2014. According to the owners, they would hear noises while braking, or the brakes felt weak and ineffective. Vehicles Affected: 40,683. . It similarly does not stay lit so we do not know how to change a station. Since the turbo is down, there would be no more power to the engine. Which makes it quite good if you want to get yourself a more capable vehicle. They are a division of General Motors now and are functioning as a GM brand. Reply, Did they ever figure out problem? back to engine. 2019 New 2022. Rides like a tin can. Doing this will save you a lot of money in possible future repairs that you could come by. Especially the older generations who still remember Buicks heyday and want to have a proper American brand. GM's number for this recall is 14340. Took back to dealer,turbo has internal failure and on back order. This generation, although its first, is still the flagship Encore for the North American market. GM's number for this recall is 14211. Very uncomfortable. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015 Buick Encore vehicles manufactured August 26, 2014, to February 9, 2015, and 2015 Chevrolet Trax vehicles manufactured October 13, 2014, to February 3, 2015. And this problem could be caused by a ton of issues. Backup camera gets blurry with the rain. The 1.4 is quite punchy and delivers an excellent performance because it is turbocharged. Buick Ownership. I got that fixed. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash. Like other problems with the Encore, these could result in anything from a small aggravation to a serious accident. In the affected vehicles, the driver and passenger lap belt pretensioner cables may not lock in a retracted position, allowing the seat belts to extend when pulled upon. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Reply. I would never ever recommend General Motors or the Buick Encore. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. A transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of fire. The recall began on October 13, 2016. Took to dealer and said turbo actuator is bad so replaced under warranty. NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 15V146000. This also makes the Encore a good off-roader as well. These tools have been tried and tested by our team, they are ideal for fixing your car at home. Fingers crossed, tomorrow I will have good news. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300. Cadillac: 1-800-458-8006. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Big headache, to be honest. Now it is in shop for an electrical problem which they said would cost over $500 to run a test on the car to find the problem. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse and Chevrolet Spark EV, Caprice PPV and SS vehicles, 2014-2017 Buick Encore and . It stops accelerating. Now lets cover the transmission issues that the Buick Encore is experiencing. We have a team of writers working daily on common car problems. Are you feeling worried yet? 2017 Buick Encore Recalls. Our Verdict. The throttle body is that flap that decides how much air the engine needs to suck in order to keep working. The car shop says that they cannot diagnose the problem without the engine light being on. Drivers have also reported loss of power steering and power brakes at highway speeds. A second report shows that another driver experienced a similar problem where hoses connected to the turbo came loose. Parts are not currently available. Right here in the forum store! Nice interior. There is basically one engine and one transmission on the Buick Encore. U.S. News & World Report gives the 2018 Buick Encore a high overall consumer satisfaction score of 8.3 out of 10. It hadn't gotten better, display flickers. Owners may contact GMC customer service at 1-888-988-7267, Buick Customer service at 1-800-955-9007, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. Share your opinion on the 2017 Buick Encore. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. Basically, my car is a lemon. This issue is bothering a lot of Encore owners on a daily basis. Then the car will be extremely slow when it comes to acceleration and it will basically limp on the road. They finally fixed it. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2019 Buick Encore, Chevrolet Spark, Traverse, and Trax vehicles. GM will send an interim notification in early October 2014 and will send a second notification when remedy parts are available. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Chevrolet Cruze and Buick LaCrosse, 2018-2020 Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Terrain, 2018 Chevrolet Malibu, 2019-2020 Buick Encore, Buick Enclave, Cadillac XT4, Chevrolet Blazer and GMC Acadia, and 2020 Cadillac XT6 vehicles. GM's number for this recall is 16007. When the engine light goes on, I lose power. I finally called another shop and they said they can check it out manually according to the fixd readout on my phone. It kept losing speed and when Id go to get it back up the rpms shot up abnormally again and again the whole hour drive. 1. This is their first take on this segment and they are quite successful when it comes to marketing this product and selling it. Car ReviewsExperiencesNewsMotorsportProduct ReviewsTroubleshootingTrending. I had to replace my c converter . General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Buick Encore and Cadillac ATS; 2014 Cadillac CTS, ELR, Chevrolet Caprice and SS vehicles; and 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. I wouldnt have bought the car if anyone would have mentioned grill guard. And some cars are simply no good. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300 or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. But now stabiltrak error, tire sensor warning, tire light and check engine light r all on. Recalls: Pursuant to 49 U.S . J.D. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick), 1-800-458-8006 (Cadillac), 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), and 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). 3.5L EcoBoost life expectancy: whats a realistic expectation? Carplay rarely works. But this doesnt mean that this model doesnt have problems. Several months later it started leaking again and they said that it was leaking at the turbo but at a different location and they wanted 600.00 to fix it. The Encore is actually a good seller, with sales steadily climbing in the US and reaching their peak in 2019 when Buick sold 102,402 Encores. Battery drain and braking problems are common, and the turbocharger fails in 2013 Buick Encores. Other than that not a bad vehicle really. Making it quite economical and a good purchase if you dont plan to spend a lot of money on fuel. Most of them are highway driving. The Encore has a wheelbase of 100.6 inches that makes this car quite compact with an overall length of 168.5 and a width of 69.9 inches in total. Everybody dreams of carefree ownership and probably, so do you. It took 4 months to find the part, so it's been sitting in the driveway.while I've been paying a note on it and driving a gas guzzling hoopti. We follow maintenance guidelines, and have even done routine maintenance early on a number of occasions. We have a focus on strong photography, and engaging articles about performance, luxury and interesting cars. Good vehicle, has some issues but not bad. Then, about four months after our extended warranty expired, we were. Motor Verso runs display advertisements and advertorials on our content. Recall information provided by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. GM will send an interim notification in early October 2014 and will send a second notification when remedy parts are available. I go on road trips a lot so I have over 70,000 miles on my car. These repairs will be performed free of charge. If the air bags do not deploy in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury. But I had started having problem around 35,000 miles but each time it was conveniently not covered by either. Large inside for a small car. They probably can't make it pass 70,000 miles. 2019 Buick Encore, purchased at dealer new in 2019, 2021 July Check engine and bad turbo, replaced under warranty, July 2022, engine light after transmission and throttle box maintenance - driving home from dealer, engine light, went back next morning - still engine light on and running well, was told it was the turbo again. Where we will focus on the problems of the Encore. If the steering wheel separates from the steering column while driving, the ability to steer could be lost, increasing the risk of a crash. Also, its quite cheaper to do it elsewhere. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Buick Verano and 2016 Chevrolet Malibu as the electronic park lock lever may allow the ignition key to be removed without the transmission being in PARK. As the reports claims are, this issue was reportedly repaired by changing the valve cover, change of the turbocharger, throttle body position sensor, mass airflow sensor, and some of them were reporting that this problem was replaced by changing the piston and rings. The next non stop problem came after I was packing my car to go away. Some model years of the Buick Encore have caused their owners costly issues like engine trouble and electrical problems. Remember: this is a mass-produced GM vehicle, so fit and finish isnt going to be the best. The list of recalls involving the Buick Encore is far longer than some of the other compact SUVs Ive written about. Welcome to Motor Verso. Seats are very hard like sitting on a hard surface. Buick Encore electrical system problems can also affect its air conditioning system (and automatic climate control). If you're not already a member, please take a moment to sign up! With the Encore, you will not have to deal with any of these things since this car is quite small. Supposedly waiting for parts to fix it. Does not have blind spot detector. I feel like I'm driving a $20,000 shitbox. Unfortunately for drivers who experience this problem, there is no known repair or diagnosis, leaving some drivers afraid to operate the vehicle, fearing that the problem could cause a serious accident. That is not Buicks fault. VehicleHistory.com Is this a turbo problem and is this common for this vehicle? In a registered NHTSA complaint, one owner reports that the turbocharger on his Buick Encore failed twice and needed to be replaced because the turbochargers bearing system didnt receive oil after a supply line had failed. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. GM's number for this recall is 17287. Multiple owners have reported through the NHTSA that while driving at speeds of about 45 miles an hour and then applying the brakes, the engine would attempt to accelerate. I had a difficult time finding proper parts at AutoZone or advanced auto parts for just an oil change. Average Retail Price. And that is the 1.4 straight 4 turbocharged engine. It's common issue. Unsubscribe any time. Another fun fact for those looking for a used SUV: since many Buick Encore problems occur during the SUVs first year, these issues may have been fixed by the time you get yours. Exposed wires increase the risk of electrical shock and personal injury if the cord is handled while it is plugged in. Call 866-491-5831 for more information. Then we have covered the Buick Encore problems. I have a 2021 Buick Encore. The electrical system works at random. Fortunately, however, for the large majority of 2018 Encores on the road, problems do seem to be rare, and drivers likely wont face any major issues. It took over a month to get the car back. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick) or 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). It is currently at 19,000 miles. Learn More. But why is this the case? Buick Encore Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $9,875 - $11,600 Join for Ratings and Reviews The Encore is a luxurious subcompact SUV that's a full size smaller than "small" SUVs like. The drivetrain in the 2018 Encore has few reported issues and seems to be mostly problem-free; however, several owners have reported issues specific to the turbocharger, which could leave owners with an expensive repair bill. Which is a true legend. A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger. Was leary at first about 4cl turbo but it has plenty of pep on straight away as well as mountain roads. A seat that does not stay secured increases the risk of occupant injury in a vehicle crash. But what about the Buick Encore problems? As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention.". There are still safety packages that you need to purchase in order to improve the safety of the vehicle. Subscribe to GM Authority for more GM recall news, Buick Encore GX news . There have been a lot of year releases for the Buick Encore turbo, and each one can have it's own specific oddities and issues. But the important thing to understand is that the Encore is are-badged Opel Mokka. Buick is one of the most legendary US car brands. The engine light is constantly coming on. GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. They were not borrowing engines like they are now from other GM brands but they produced their own ones. We research hundreds of models each Theres nothing on the lot in my budget. In order to avoid these issues on your Encore. It is a smarter decision to produce the car in the countries where the sales are booming to cut the costs. With zero recalls and few complaints, the 2018 Buick Encore doesnt have many problems. During these times, Buick has flourished and made extreme quality cars like the Riviera, the Roadmaster, the Skylark, and other special cars that sold extremely well. Alexs primary experience comes from restoring DeLoreans and AMCs. Lets first learn the specs of the Encore. Though the Buick Encore is generally a reliable small SUV with a smooth ride, quiet cabin, ample storage, and the luxury feel of a Buick, owners do seem to be reporting more problems compared to the owners of competitive vehicles. Power rating it an 84 out of 100 for quality and reliability. You know, come to think of it, maybe You should avoid Buick Encore Turbos. Also, certain 2013 Buick Encore, 2011 Buick Regal, 2013-2014 Buick Verano, 2011-2016 Chevrolet Cruze, 2010-2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu, and 2011-2013 GMC Terrain vehicles may have been serviced with similar defective replacement electronic park lock levers. Has 28000 miles. The Buick Encore comes with a turbocharged 1.4 L 4 cylinder engine mated with a 6-speed automatic transmission, which makes close to 138 horsepower. At 3200, then at 5620 kilometer I replaced the brake switch. GM's number for this recall is N202313440. I'm having same issues with my Buick Encore. Which model year Buick Encore should you avoid? General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Buick Encore all-wheel-drive vehicles manufactured August 23, 2012, to September 9, 2013; Verano vehicles manufactured August. Which is not a lot. First time buying a Buick and we were disappointed. GM's number for this recall is 50490 and 50491. I bought my beautiful Buick Encore in 2015. Transmission fluid may need to be replaced as often as every 30,000 miles and youll increase your risk of damage without doing so. The Encore GX with a VIN of KL4MMGSL3PB103315 is located in Newtown Square, PA, has 1 miles, is Ebony Twilight Metallic with a 1.3L I3 12V GDI DOHC Turbo engine and transmission. No, I would not recommend it. What year is your car Sherry? GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side front air bag, free of charge. Its very scary. The Encore is a subcompact crossover SUV which means that it delivers the same performance as SUVs but in a smaller package. Went to leave, wouldn't start, charged the battery and was all set. 3rd time the battery wouldn't charge. There are some lemon issues with its engine tho. GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the SDM module to the correct mode, free of charge. Buick Encore transmissions can be troublesome, with reports of grinding, delayed shifting, slipping, along with other abnormal (expensive sounding) noises. Have 2020 Buick Encore GX check engine light come on an reduced power. If you know these issues, then you would probably be more aware of what could go wrong with your Encore or another type of vehicle that there is on the market and you are interested in purchasing this car. The engine loses power and goes into limp mode, then you take your car to the dealership. And then to import the Encore into the US to fill up the gap that is left by other companies that do not have the products and also to increase the variety of options that are available for people to choose. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. Every car has problems and none of them are problem-free. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. I feel that the Buick Encore is not up for taking trips. Welcome to Buick Owners 2.0! And the lower it gets at the RPM range, the better performance it delivers. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. The dealership has had my vehicle for, going on the 4th month now. Having extra traction is a good idea. However, the brake system malfunctions and loss of power raise serious safety concerns. Absence Of 3rd And 5th Gear As Well As Reverse, Is The Buick Encore A Good Purchase? Better yet, its either a lemon that I own or the Encore can not take trips from one state to another with out braking down. It is unclear what would cause this problem, and currently, the NHTSA shows that there is no current investigation into this issue. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 3500 HD, Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Sierra 2500 HD and 3500 HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles and 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500, Trax, Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicle, GMC Sierra 1500, Buick Encore, and 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV and SS vehicles. According to this Buick Forums thread, a driver who experienced the problem with reduced power replaced the battery, which seemed to solve the problem. Lets first learn more about the specs. Buick Recall Service Centers. Ask your Buick dealer. GM's number for this recall is 17287. HOWEVER, for you DIY'ers, there's fix on youtube. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, Buiick 1-800-521-7300, and GMC 1-800-462-8782. Or any other code that says that there is a misfire on a specific cylinder means that the cylinder has to be checked. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Buick Encore vehicles manufactured April 10, 2013, to May 8, 2013, and Chevrolet Spark vehicles manufactured December 30, 2012, to March 1, 2013. ABS Module Replacement; AC Line Replacement; AC Repair; Ask me anything! I have had the brakes locked up at 700 km. The Buick Encore 2013, 2014, and 2015 models have a higher incidence of reported issues, including significant problems like a lack of engine power and minor problems such as a problem with the door locks. My engine light turns on and I lose engine power. Some of the highlights for the recalls are issues with the airbags, where the air bag doesn't deploy during a crash. The Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) on these vehicle may not have been turned off of "manufacturing mode," preventing the air bags from deploying in the event of a crash. And we are going to help you out with that. I'm the MotorVerso.com AI Car Expert. Parts are more expensive than should be. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. 2013 Buick Encore 4dr SUV turbocharged 138hp 1.4L I4 6-speed shiftable automatic FWD 69500 mi C $200 Emission system valve at fuel tank. Turbo failures are also some of the common Buick Encore problems that happen and annoy a lot of owners. This car according to JD Power gets 84/100 which is quite good and frankly not a lot of cars can get this rating. We learned that this Buick has some issues that indicate a possible problem like the annoying check engine light. If the seat belts do not remain locked in the retracted position when under load, the seat occupant may not be adequately restrained in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. If youre feeling courageous, and if an Encore is what you truly want, proceed at your own risk. However, if youre dead set on getting one of these things, these are the kinds of problems that youll potentially be facing: Some of these issues are more than a little serious. Weird things can happen to some cars. For the hearing and speech impaired, please call our Telecommunication Relay service at 711 for assistance. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Parts are not currently available. GM's number for this recall is 14171. A brand new turbo would see your Encore back in shape in no time. As with other Buicks we have owned in the past, our 2018 Encore has electrical problems, says one owner on Vehicle History, where the 2018 model received a rating of 4.4 out of five stars. With the cancellation of the twin-turbo inline-six engine project, GM will now focus on use of its existing turbocharged inline-four 2.7L I4 engine instead, which - in its most potent, high . Software issues with the Buick Encore can keep its airbags fromdeploying (and seat belts from locking) during a crash. Other symptoms include a check engine light, noises, and rattling. Make sure that you find a good example tho. The dashboard does not always stay lit, and the problem extends to the radio. There were seven complaints that owners made on the Encore. But do Buick Encore problems include engine issues? I'm here to help you with your car. Unfortunately, the cause of the problem isnt clear.